What To Do In The Event Of A Car Accident
April 25, 2017
Before An Accident
Let’s face it – no one is ever truly prepared to get into a car accident, and there is never a good time for one to happen. Even so, you never know what’s just around the corner, so follow these tips to be ready just in case.
- Get a comprehensive insurance plan that includes both uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage (and be sure to always pay your bill on time)
- Purchase a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, warning light, hazard triangle and flares to keep in your vehicle
- Download the Stanley Law Auto Accident App, and fill out your information beforehand
- Keep your cell phone charged at all times – you’ll need it
At The Scene Of An Accident
- Call 911 to report the accident; if you’re seriously injured, seek medical attention first and foremost
- Consult the Stanley Law collision checklist, and use it to fill out the other driver’s and any eyewitnesses’ information
- Do not admit fault, sign documents you don’t understand or talk about the accident without speaking to a lawyer first
- Take photographs of the scene and record any damages sustained to your vehicle
- Voice record conversations between you and the other driver, eyewitnesses and law enforcement
- Preserve any evidence that the other party may be at fault
After An Accident
- Make sure your doctor accurately records all injuries, treatment plans and your recovery process
- Keep track of all expenses accrued as a result of the accident
- If you’re being sued, contact your insurance company
- An insurance claim needs to be filed shortly after the accident has occurred; if you believe you’re at fault, file a first-party claim, otherwise you should file a third-party claim
- Get in touch with Stanley Law Offices and set up a free consultation right away
Experienced Accident Attorneys
Between the stress of the accident and the confusing legalities, you’ll need an attorney you can trust by your side through it all. At Stanley Law Offices, we’re known for our success in winning motor vehicle accidents – and your case could be the next victory. We’ll advise you on what to say, what to sign and how to proceed in all areas relating to the accident, ensuring that you receive the best possible outcome and compensation.
If you live in Syracuse, Binghamton, Watertown or Rochester, New York – or in Montrose, Pennsylvania – stop by one of our five offices, send us a message today or give us a call at (800) 608-3333 any day of the week.