Public Accidents

Question: Hi Joe. Our community has a lot of wonderful events for families and individuals to participate in. What are some of the things we need to be mindful of when unfortunately something bad happens, an accident, a fall, etc., on public or municipal grounds?

Joe: Whether you are working, doing a construction project at a municipal, whether it’s a school or something else. If you are visiting a public building or public location, the rules of the game are completely different legally if you have suffered a serious injury. It is one of those situations where you have to contact a lawyer to make sure the rules of engagement, so to speak, when you are dealing with a government body, that your rights are protected. You may not even know that a government body is involved. You may go to a hospital and not even realize that this is a government entity. That it’s a pubic health situation. That changes the game. You were working on a construction site and you might fall and not realize your claim against the school district is a very short situation. Those are the cases where you need to talk to a lawyer right away.

If you have any more questions, call the Stanley Law Offices or browse our website. We will be there for you.

Please follow and like us:

Posted By: Joe Stanley

View Archive


There are no comments on this entry yet.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.