My father had a will but that lawyer no longer is in practice

Q:  My father recently passed away and the lawyer who originally drew up his will is no longer practicing law.  Do I need to hire another lawyer?

A:  Yes, in order to probate your father’s will, you’ll need to hire a lawyer for that it’s called probating the will.  First you have to recover the original will from whatever source you’re referring to.

Then you’ll need to retain another lawyer that practices probate law.  Make sure you check one thing before hiring another lawyer:  are there actual ASSETS in your father’s estate – if there aren’t

you may wish to reconsider paying fees to an attorney regarding the will.

Please follow and like us:

Posted By: Joe Stanley

View Archive


There are no comments on this entry yet.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.