Aviation Accident Lawyer for New York & Pennsylvania
Central New York & Northern Pennsylvania plane crash Attorneys
Plane crashes, whether of small private planes, commercial jetliners, commuter planes or helicopters, may occur for many reasons: sometimes by pilot error, sometimes by weather, sometimes by improper maintenance, contaminated fuel, product flaws and even air controller negligence. Regardless of the reason for the disaster, the result is almost certain to be fatal for passengers and crew.
Aviation accidents can be the result of faulty component parts or bad maintenance, failures to warn, airframe structural failures, poor crew training, outdated or incorrect manuals, or simple human error. Oftentimes, aviation accidents may occur due to a combination of factors.
- Catastrophic plane crashes
- Weather-related crashes
- Negligence in fueling the aircraft
- Defective replacement parts, equipment and machinery
- Commercial manufacturing errors leading to a plane crash or accident
- Injuries in airline terminals
- Negligent or faulty maintenance
- Failure to follow safety procedures
- Crashes caused by defective maps
- Counterfeit replacement parts and fuel contamination.
- Failure to properly conduct routine de-icing
- Airport operator negligence
- Air traffic controller (ATC) negligence
- Flight employee (flight attendant, gate agent, etc.) negligence
- Airport administration negligence
Although major airline crashes usually garner the headlines, in truth, most air crashes involve general aviation flights, which include privately owned and operated aircraft. In addition to pilot negligence, our attorneys work with additional legal counsel that are able to investigate design features in certain model planes which make them more likely than others to suffer handling failures which may precipitate a crash. Because government-based investigations often take years or more to be completed, we often commission an independent investigation on behalf of our clients as soon as possible after the crash, and move swiftly to identify potentially liable parties.
Contact an Attorney at Stanley Law, Toll Free at 800.608.3333 or 800.372.3760
If you've lost a loved one in a plane crash, or an aviation mishap of any kind, the team at Stanley Law is ready to help. To set up a free initial consultation, contact a lawyer at our firm today. Offices located in Syracuse, Binghamton, Rochester and Watertown, New York, as well as Montrose, Pennsylvania.