2018 was a year of ups and downs, and ups again.
It was a volatile year for many in 2018 and yet triumphs existed along the way for many as well. The contrast we experienced in 2018 teaches good lessons however.
In my work here at the law firm, personal injury can be difficult at best at times.
The heartache and sorrow, the loss, the frustration, the anxiety caused by someone else’s negligence, is heart wrenching to see. Yet each day, we roll up our sleeves, and do the best we can to help those who need our resources and services.
The hero in every true story here at Stanley Law
is not the attorney assigned to the personal injury case. It’s not the paralegals and office staff. It’s not the judge or the jurors in the case. It’s most often certainly not the insurance companies! The real hero is you. The real hero is the wife or the husband or the injured victim in the personal injury case who stands by their spouse’s side through often horrific circumstances.
Recently we ran a television commercial
Each true story focuses on the client who’s life has been turned upside down. Then it’s our job to help them try to make sense of it all, and get them compensation that helps get some, never all, of their life back. It’s not easy work. But it’s rewarding work.
So as you set your intentions for the New Year, be grateful.
No one ever thinks ‘this could happen to them.’ It’s not something anyone ever plans for. You can’t know what’s just around the corner.
So some final words of wisdom:
- Look both ways before you cross the street.
- Drive slower and with a great deal more attention in the now, to what you’re doing and where you’re driving.
- Be mindful of the other drivers and the road conditions.
- Get better brakes and tires on your vehicle.
- Watch where you’re walking.
- Check in on loved ones in senior living facilities and nursing homes more often. A LOT more often.
- If you work in construction – take the extra minute and put the safety harness on.
- Review your insurance policies and insure everything’s in order.
- Take a look at your online medical records and make sure they’re accurate.
- And maybe most importantly. tell those you love how much you love and appreciate them. Every day.
I hope we never meet.
Not because it wouldn’t be a pleasure to meet and talk with you, but because usually the circumstances bringing us together, no one ever wishes for.
Many Thanks to the judges, jurors, insurance adjusters, attorneys, paralegals, who’ve made every effort to be authentic and helpful to our efforts in 2018 in doing the right thing.
But mostly Thank You to you – for tuning in to my shows on radio and tv, for
asking questions and trying to be in the know about your own rights. Thank You for your support and curiosity and from here at Stanley Law, the Stanley Law Team and myself wish you and yours a blessed, safe, and prosperous New Year.